With the FAs introduction of small sided games, the East London & Essex Junior Football league near Clayhall launched in 1998, co founded by Joe Long & former QPR player Peter Hucker.
We have teams travel from all over Essex & London including Clayhall.
Initially launched as a 7Aside League the ELE League progressed into 11Aside games in 2000, known as the league with a difference as all League and Cup Fixtures are played from the same venue each week of the football season.
Currently operating and running Leagues from Under 7s through to Under 16/17s based at Wanstead Flats and Ford Sports Club, Newbury Park near Clayhall.
The concept of the League makes Junior Football hassle free for all involved, providing one venue, neutral officials, fixtures, governance & management along with training and coach development.
Endorsed by former England International Rio Ferdinand. so if you require FA Youth League Clayhall you have come to the right place!
Clayhall is a district of Ilford in the London Borough of Redbridge in northeast London, England. It is a suburban development. The name is derived from an old manor house that stood within the current area. It is first mentioned in a document of 1203 as being an area of land granted to Adam and Matilda de la Claie by Richard de la Claie. The estate probably remained in the hands of this family for about one hundred years, after which it passed through several hands, without ever being positively identified by name, until in a conveyance of 1410 it is described as the manor of Clayhall.
In the middle of the 17th century, Sir Christopher Hatton, cousin of the Lord Chancellor Sir Christopher Hatton, lived at the Manor House, but by the middle of the next century the estate was let to tenant farmers. The last tenants of the property were William Ingram, until his death in 1853, and then William, James and Frank Lamb, respectively father, son and grandson. The manor house itself was demolished, probably during the ownership of Peter Eaton, in the middle of the 18th century, and replaced by a farm house. The estate was broken up for building sites in 1935.