With the FAs introduction of small sided games, the East London & Essex Junior Football league near Becontree launched in 1998, co founded by Joe Long & former QPR player Peter Hucker.
We have teams travel from all over Essex & London including Becontree.
Initially launched as a 7Aside League the ELE League progressed into 11Aside games in 2000, known as the league with a difference as all League and Cup Fixtures are played from the same venue each week of the football season.
Currently operating and running Leagues from Under 7s through to Under 16/17s based at Wanstead Flats and Ford Sports Club, Newbury Park near Becontree.
The concept of the League makes Junior Football hassle free for all involved, providing one venue, neutral officials, fixtures, governance & management along with training and coach development.
Endorsed by former England International Rio Ferdinand. so if you require FA Youth League Becontree you have come to the right place!
Becontree or // is an area of approximately 4 square miles (10 km2) in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. It is located 11 miles (17.7 km) east-northeast of Charing Cross and was constructed in the interwar period as the largest public housing estate in the world. The Housing Act 1919 permitted the London County Council to build housing outside the County of London and Becontree was constructed between 1921 and 1935 to cottage estate principles in the parishes of Barking, Dagenham and Ilford, then in Essex. The official completion of the estate was celebrated in 1935, by which time the estate had a population of around 100,000 people in 26,000 homes.
The building of the estate caused a huge increase in population density, which led to demands on services and reforms of local government. An additional 1,000 houses were added in later phases. The estate had no industrial and very little commercial development until the May & Baker and Ford Dagenham sites opened nearby, and a shopping area was built at Heathway. The estate has formed part of Greater London since 1965, when the Barking section was combined with Dagenham, and has been within a single London borough since boundary changes caused the Ilford section to be transferred from Redbridge to Barking and Dagenham in 1994.