With the FAs introduction of small sided games, the East London & Essex Junior Football league near Chingford launched in 1998, co founded by Joe Long & former QPR player Peter Hucker.
We have teams travel from all over Essex & London including Chingford.
Initially launched as a 7Aside League the ELE League progressed into 11Aside games in 2000, known as the league with a difference as all League and Cup Fixtures are played from the same venue each week of the football season.
Currently operating and running Leagues from Under 7s through to Under 16/17s based at Wanstead Flats and Ford Sports Club, Newbury Park near Chingford.
The concept of the League makes Junior Football hassle free for all involved, providing one venue, neutral officials, fixtures, governance & management along with training and coach development.
Endorsed by former England International Rio Ferdinand. so if you require FA Junior League Chingford you have come to the right place!
Chingford is a town in east London, England, within the ceremonial county of Greater London and the ancient county of Essex. Adjoining the edge of Epping Forest, with Waltham Abbey to the north, Woodford Green and Buckhurst Hill to the east, Walthamstow to the south, and the River Lea to the west, the town is situated 8.6 miles (13.8 km) north-east of Charing Cross. It contains the areas of Chingford Hatch, Chingford Mount, Friday Hill, Hale End, Highams Park, North Chingford and South Chingford, and had a population of 66,211 at the 2011 census.
The town is part of the London Borough of Waltham Forest, a local government district of Greater London. It was previously a civil parish, urban district and municipal borough, and historically formed an ancient parish in the Waltham hundred of Essex. Similar to much of south-west Essex, the town expanded significantly in the late 19th century, forming part of the conurbation of London. It was included in the Metropolitan Police District in 1840 and became part of London’s postal district upon its inception in 1856, with the NE postcode area replaced with E in 1866. The parish was granted urban district status in 1894, and municipal borough status in 1938. Its council was based at Chingford Town Hall until 1965, when the borough of Waltham Forest was created, following reform of local government in London.